About Me

My photo
Welcome to my small little world of sweet treats. Passionate about baking cakes, cupcakes, truffles and eating them too! Having being exposed to such wonderful home-made treats from a very young age, I hope to bring across my passion and love for baking and creating new recipes through this site. All in all, this will focus on fun as well as healthy baking, decorating and everything else creative (could include my love for painting/sketching as well, so I could divert a little from my blog's title :)). Thanks for visiting!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Farfalle with roasted eggplant in arugula basil pesto sauce


Hola! Sorry about the long title of the post, but I have to share this wonderful easy to make pasta recipe.


Saute onions. Once cooked, add chopped chinese eggplant (sorry no pictures available) to it and cook it till it all caramelizes. Add salt and pepper to taste, nothing fancy. The key to this recipe is the pesto sauce that you'll find below.

Boil pasta according to directions (I don't follow them, I just throw pasta into boiling water with a pinch of salt and pepper and some olive oil). Drain once cooked.


Chop some arugula leaves and basil from my garden. You're always welcome here!
Make pesto sauce with arugula, basil, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, 4 pods of garlic, walnuts (this is not you're usual pesto sauce recipe, they use pine nuts instead). Give it a good pulse and see how wonderfully creamy and green it is. Love it, you can use this as a dip as well.


Tada, now mix the pasta with the onions and eggplant mixture. And then ad the pesto sauce to it, you'll realize that you don't need a lot. And garnish it with an arugula stem with flowers, not mandatory.

1 comment:

  1. wow.... wonderful to see ur tasty blog :) no wonder....mom's daughter .... God bless u... i will come again and again ...

    ReplyDelete