About Me

My photo
Welcome to my small little world of sweet treats. Passionate about baking cakes, cupcakes, truffles and eating them too! Having being exposed to such wonderful home-made treats from a very young age, I hope to bring across my passion and love for baking and creating new recipes through this site. All in all, this will focus on fun as well as healthy baking, decorating and everything else creative (could include my love for painting/sketching as well, so I could divert a little from my blog's title :)). Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mocha Cappuccino Marble cheesecake


Yum!! I like certain kinds of cheesecake, especially the ones that have a nice caffeine kick to it. So to prepare for a get together, I decided to bake a nice cheesecake. I have no problems saying that I won't ever have to visit cheesecake factory to grab a bite of their cheesecakes. Like them a lot, but if a similar kind can be made at home, then why bother. Unless of course I'm busy and tied up, because it took me a good half day in making the cheesecake. Nevertheless, it was a fun process indeed. A lot of research went into preparing the pan, the water bath to put the uncooked cheesecake in (this is done to avoid any cracks on top) and also understanding the science behind the process of baking cheesecakes. Yeah right, for the last one!! ;)

A picture of the creamy cheesecake! Didn't click too many this time around! The base was not the regular graham cracker crumbs but goya chocolate wafers crushed up. They are just readily available and they taste good!





Recipe to follow!

6 comments:

  1. Yum- I love coffee flavor in baked goodies n this sounds heavenly to me :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting on this post. Thanks, would love to visit yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious. Waiting for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this looks sooooo yummy.............and my cake cravings have come back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ SouthIndian Home: Will do!!
    @ Pooja: Have they come back! I wish I could give you some...only if you lived closeby!! Btw, did you see I tried out Arroz con pollo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummmmmy. OK you absolutely have to bake this for Pooja and me. Double order from MA:)

    ReplyDelete