About Me

My photo
Welcome to my small little world of sweet treats. Passionate about baking cakes, cupcakes, truffles and eating them too! Having being exposed to such wonderful home-made treats from a very young age, I hope to bring across my passion and love for baking and creating new recipes through this site. All in all, this will focus on fun as well as healthy baking, decorating and everything else creative (could include my love for painting/sketching as well, so I could divert a little from my blog's title :)). Thanks for visiting!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Cookies for X'mas...





Firstly, I'm not a professional baker, but I'm trying to get there...there are three most important things in baking that I've learnt over the years - taste (obviously!!), originality and presentation (I have quite some learning to do here).
I live in this close knit community in Central New Jersey and was invited to a Christmas party over the weekend. My sister's been living here for a while and I joined her a year back, so I found that there would be around 20 children at the party. This being my first formal Christmas party (I'm Indian), I was supah excited  and so decided to bake tons of cookies to give out as gifts. Some pictures of me having fun with the cookies - dozen or more of ginger spice cookies and another with a regular cookie dough and chocolate on top....the latter cookies were the ones I decided to personalize for each child....with their initial on the cookie .;)

  Ginger spice cookies with royal icing


Vanilla cinammon cookie with chocolate icing...can you spot the initials ;)


Snowmans like to have some fun

Yum...just had one cookie...and it tastes yummy!! I think I should gift wrap them before I finish them all...

No comments:

Post a Comment