About Me

My photo
Welcome to my small little world of sweet treats. Passionate about baking cakes, cupcakes, truffles and eating them too! Having being exposed to such wonderful home-made treats from a very young age, I hope to bring across my passion and love for baking and creating new recipes through this site. All in all, this will focus on fun as well as healthy baking, decorating and everything else creative (could include my love for painting/sketching as well, so I could divert a little from my blog's title :)). Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day and days after Christmas sale

How many inches of snow did we get this past weekend?? Oops, I should've said how many feet of snow!! We really did get lots of snow and I wonder if there were people who went to the mall to take advantage of the 'day/say 2 days after x'mas' sale. I'm sure there must've been a few who might've gone to the mall in the morning and maybe got stranded in the mall unaware of the conditions that were building up outside...but again thankfully I didn't hear about any incidents of the sorts on the news.

Coming back to the point that I want to make...is the sale really worth it? Would you drive through snow to go to the mall?? I had tons of coupons flooded in my inbox over the weekend and was tempted to step out in the cold knowing that I didn't really need anything [I don't step out of the house unless I absolutely need to if it's snowing and I was busy as it is making Tiramisu, will write about the Tiramisu later ;)). Is it really worth it to make the effort and go to the mall a day after x'mas or the weekend after x'mas when it clearly looks like there will be chaos in the mall unless ofcourse you have to buy something important.

I wanted to buy a christmas tree for next year and wanted to go check out the deals because I heard from a friend that trees are sold at ridiculously low prices the day after x'mas. Makes sense! But again wouldn't I get a tree at Walmart for a reasonable price...would I really save much by going to the mall? Knowing me if I had gone to the mall, I would've probably returned empty-handed because of the overwhelming number of people at the mall and the crazy sales everywhere!! But I've wasted all my coupons and I will never have a chance to know what I missed out on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment